Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) is the immigration program designed by the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for candidates who have specific skills and work experience. Candidates will be chosen for permanent residence in any province (except for Quebec) based on their English and/or French language skills, education, work experience, and other factors. The FSW is a constituent of the Express Entry Program.
Minimum Requirements to apply:
- Skilled Work Experience: Canada uses a system called National Occupation Classification (NOC) to classify jobs. To be eligible for the FSW program, a candidate must have work experience in Skill Type 0 (Managerial Jobs), Skill Type A (Professional Jobs) or Skill Type B (Technical jobs) categories. The NOC has assigned each occupation a four – digit code. There are higher chances of acquiring permanent residence in Canada if your occupation matches the NOC.
- Language Ability: Canada tests your language skills in English and/or French on the basis of your scores in an approved language test that tests your skills in writing, reading, listening and speaking. You can contact an immigration consultant Vancouver who will tell you about the language test that you will need to take. We, at Novus Canada immigration services Inc, one of the best immigration consultants in Vancouver, are one of the few immigration agency who are willing to answer all your questions. We also have expert staff who can provide you with the best advice in this field.
- Education: If you went to school in Canada, you must have a certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian institute. If you did your schooling outside Canada, you must have an ECA(Educational Credential Assessment) issued by a designated organization such as WES. An immigration consultant Vancouver will be able to help you through the process.
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) is a point based system to assess and rank a candidate’s Express Entry profile by evaluating all the primary factors required to qualify for the program. In order to be eligible for the FSW program, you need a minimum score of 67 out of 100. The following are the six core factors used to evaluate your eligibility:
- Education – up to 25 points
- Language Skills – up to 28 points
- Work Experience – up to 15 points
- Age – up to 12 points
- Arranged Employment – up to 10 points
- Adaptability – up to 10 points
An immigration consultant Vancouver can help you check your eligibility and calculate your CRS scores. Novus Canada immigration services Inc are one of the few Canada immigration consultants who will give you a free assessment. Unlike other immigration consultants, we do not charge our clients to check their eligibility and give their assessment.